Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Did it Y'all!

So, I officially graduated this past weekend! Maybe it's not a big deal for you, but it is for me. I was thisclose to dropping out of the program.

Me walking across the stage. Taken from the grainy monitor. Chosen so I don't acquire a crazy Internet stalker. 
Now...I am working as a sales associate at a home decor store. Urgh. It sucks going from the huge high that is teachers college, to the bottom of the food chain that is retail. A lot of people who shop at home decor stores are middle-aged women, who have money to buy expensive glass shit, and are extremely condescending. Not that I want to boast about finishing school to anyone, but sometimes I just want to yell, "Don't worry lady, I know how to wrap your picture frames properly. I'm sure that if I wanted to be a teacher, I could be making double what you make right now!" 35 grand down the drain, and I'm no better off than I was before I went to university. AND I have to pay these loans back somehow.

Enough of that, though.
Let me show you what I get to look forward to, now that school's done.

Being poor. 
HP 7 Part 2!! I've been waiting my whole life for this!

My meal of choice in these stressful times.
Bowie + Vinyl. Love.
Beer + Beach. If it's a nice summer, that is (swimming in ice-cold lakes is no fun).
 Yay. What are you excited for (sarcastically or not) this summer?

3 comments:

  1. WO-HOO!! CONGRATS!!! I hope you've celebrated (retail position, aside)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congratulations on your graduating. I hope you do well. I also hope you don't stay in retail long...it is depressing! Trust me! Well good luck and all!

    ReplyDelete