Friday, February 18, 2011

Worst Day Ever

I'm not quite sure what I did to deserve the shit-tacular past three hours.

Firstly, it's -40 degrees celsius outside. And the wind is horrible. After checking Facebook, I noticed that people's screen doors were destroyed because of the wind. Thanks Northern Ontario.

I walked to the bus stop with my new "anti-slip" boots that I bought from Aldo. Anti-slip my ass. I slid on the ice for what seemed like a good five minutes, slow-motion in my head, but luckily I caught myself before I fell. "Haha! Good save!" I thought to myself. However, as my left foot reached out in front to steady myself, I slid again. Lo and behold, I did a massive face plant onto the ice, landing on my one knee. Now it hurts to walk. And to make matters worse, three cars drove by as this happened. One even honked. My jeans are now ripped in the knee, and my hands are covered in blood. And I had to do a presentation in my teaching English class. Urgh.

The presentation went fine, and on the way home I stopped by Wendy's to pick up a salad. I was starving, so I couldn't wait until I got home to eat it. I carefully opened the croutons (I love croutons!) and mixed my salad up with the dressing in a bowl. Yum. I went to take the first glorious bite, and I happened to glance at the container that the salad came in. I jumped.

There, in the container, was a spider. I stared at it for a good 10 seconds, because I couldn't believe it. I wasn't sure if it was dead or not. I took the Wendy's napkin and attempted to smush it. It started running around, and I discovered that it had webs attached to the container. After chasing it around, I finally got it. Urgh!! I am now sitting on my bed, shivering, and I feel like there are spiders crawling in my hair. I don't want to go back to the kitchen to chuck out the salad. What if the spider's mate is in there? What if there are spider eggs in there? I'm just going to sit here, post this, and figure something out. I. HATE. SPIDERS.

I'm sure I could bring it back to Wendy's. I don't really want another "free" spider-infested salad though. This is ridiculous. Things like this don't happen. You always hear about the person who found a finger in their taco from Taco Bell, or the person who found a grasshopper in their burger from McDicks. But you never really believe that it happens. Well folks, it does!!!!

4 comments:

  1. omg! that is so gross. i would absolutely flip out if there was a spider in my salad. i would have to go yell at someone in that wendy's & get my money back. screw a free salad. ewww. spiders are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! That really sucks!
    I'm just trying to imagine a spider in my salad *shudder*.
    Feel better... it can only go uphill from here :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. EWWWWWWWWWWW! I don't even know what to write. I'm traumatized so I can't even IMAGINE how YOU felt. OMG that SO GROSS!!! (Bummer about the bloody slip n fall too, but the spider salad kind of overshadows the Badness of your day....) ICK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what's worse, the comedy fall or the unwelcome visitor in the salad.

    And it was alive...that's even more wrong.

    Still, at least you noticed before taken a bite. It would have been worse to look down and only see a half-eaten spider...

    ReplyDelete